Sunday, May 6, 2012

Staircases don't have to be boring

So true....I've been thinking about this lately since down the line we will inevitably move (my heart shatters loudly thinking about leaving my hood, my neighbors, and my house) or add on to our 1941 2-1 1000 square foot bungalow.  There are endless fun, creative ideas for stairs that aren't A) wood stairs or B) carpeting.

Like these:

{rug from Dash and Albert }

Okay, it's carpet.  But, how fun would it be to have this carpet?  Makes me spring for joy just looking at all of the fun colors.  

{image from Justina Blakeney}

These Mexican tile stairs are so fun!  In Texas, we see these types of tiles in restaurants often and I think we kind of forget how truly beautiful they are.

{see how Shawna did this}

These are Shawna's wallpapered stairs - easy idea and a great graphic.

{see how Donna from Funky Junk Interiors did this}

My Omie always says, "You like old things" --- I admit, I love things in my home that have a past.  These stairs are fun and nostalgic at the same time.

{image from Isle of View blog}

Red, bold musical stairs. L-O-V-E them!

{image from Apartment Therapy}

This is my art lover side.  I couldn't get it out of my head.  I even named it "Just interesting" and honestly, my favorite homes are those where the home IS the gallery.

{image from Apartment Therapy on Serena and Lilly cover}

Wallpaper look #2.  I'm over the moon in love with these stairs.  Every pattern makes me giddy and the red in the middle = happiness.



{stairs designed by Sugar City Journal 
and if you click on the link you will find out how to do it!}

I don't know that these stairs would have made it to my all time favorites, but look....The artist added photo families to the detail of each making them heirloom stairs. 

{image from Razmataz}

Love, my Sarah Richardson numbered farmhouse stairs too!  Taking country up two notches.

{image from Apartment Therapy}

And, I have to leave the best for last, in honor of my Iris and her favorite color in the whole, wide universe. Yellow.  I've garnered a whole new admiration for the color which never lets you get in the doldrums, sit in the blues, and ache and bellow.  Yellow = chin up Gus!  Tomorrow WILL be a better day.  It gets us through life one day at a time.  Years ago, I never would have guessed that this would be my choice.  But, for today it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment