Thursday, May 17, 2012

Go Bold or Go Home

I'm feeling a little tired of being so agreeable.  Ready to say what I want and what I need and see how the world shows up for it.  Seems bold to me.  It's not really.  It's just, well, sometimes we all need a dose of boldness once in awhile to keep us in check and true to ourselves.


{Celine from Richard Linklater's Before Sunrise}

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. (I feel a little lucky I once got to audition for Rick) 

I saw Before Sunrise when I was the same age as the characters in 1995 and Before Sunset 10 years later, at the exact ages of the characters. If you are a (gulp) 37 year old girl, THIS is your flick.  Celine is daring, uncompromising, and all soul.  

In fact, I MADE my childhood friend Yvette watch these movies back to back before she made a leap of faith and spent her last dime to travel to London and declare her love to the guy who meant everything to her. And, guess what?  She now is happily married with a baby girl and a 2 year old.  TOTALLY TRUE.

{Juliette Binoche}

As an acting student, I was in awe of Juliette. Nobody is able to access and give all with their emotions like she is.  You have to be unafraid of any judgement to do what Juliette does.

{Lauren Bacall}


As someone said, "Is there any other woman as direct and daring as Lauren?  Just look at her."  This is who I call up when I want to "go for it" with anything in life.


So it is with design and color...and sometimes, it is just time to find something you love and do it.  Do it regardless of whether it will be increase your resell value or be something that a lot of people or even any people like.  Do it if YOU like it.  


No lofty paragraphs needed for the images below.  I LOVE them all.  They are MY bold.


{image from Amber Interiors}

{Sofa from Rowe Furniture}

{Ruthie Sommers from Decor Pad}

{Image from Rex Kelly Midcentury}

{image from Bright Bazaar}

{Vintage Kantha Armchair from Ecochic}




{How to get this DIY reclaimed wall step by step here}



 {chair redo from Wild Chairy, House of Fifty Magazine}

{Sofa from Tufted Sofa}

{image from the Glitter Guide}


Now, go for YOUR bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment