Friday, April 13, 2012

Yellow just makes you feel HAPPY!

I never loved the color yellow growing up, but I really have fallen in love with yellow ever since I met the little toot below whose favorite color since she was about 1 has been yellow. Four years later, it is STILL yellow. 

 {Iris for her 2nd birthday}

I think she's onto something.  Maybe it's spring, but I've been longing for fresh, cheery yellow.  If this doesn't put you in the yellow mood my friend, I don't know what will.













{Images from Benjamin D. Hong}




Welcome to my obsession with designer Benjamin D. Hong and it all started once I saw my DREAM kitchen.  I love it, I love it, I love it.  I've always loved a booth but never loved the look of a booth.  I love that this booth is clean lined & modern, but warm with the yellow ikat pillows.  Is it possible to be gorgeous and practical?  Thank you Benjamin D, it is!  I love the storage below and, yes I KNOW it is literal but I even love the deer hoofed white bench. I almost never like stools, but these are the pop of yellow the room needs.  The sphere pendant and ample windows make the bright, cheery kitchen.

{Vase wallpaper from Clarence House inspired by a David Hicks design  
image from isabellaandmaxrooms}

This is how a pretty but sterile white kitchen is taken up, oh....about 5 notches with just the wallpaper.  The roman shades finish the look.


I'm kind of in love with the high gloss chevron floors, rectangle image system, dark mustard yellow chairs and white table.  The chairs are the pop the room demands. The floor makes the room seem like it goes on a million years....reminds me of the Queen in Alice in Wonderland.  FANTASTIC!

{image from Emily A Clark}

Navy, blue, and....coral?  It works, and I like it.  I really like that it's not too matchy matchy.

{image from Marcus Design Inc}

 L-O-V-E.  Art, antiques, modern tub & stool with the retro subway tile = win!  It's the floor that I adore.

{image from Houzz}

This baby room makes me so happy.  I love the chevron yellow curtains, perfectly simple quilt, rocker, and pouf.  It just seems like the perfect room to get a great nap in.  I do think it's missing a white Flokati rug like this:

 {image from Design Sponge}

{image from House and Home}

I don't have a craft room.  Heck, I don't even have a laundry room.  But if I did, I would want it to be just like this one.  Love the natural woven rug which takes up almost the whole space and the hot pink accents.  Look at those great shelves and storage boxes, pencil holders, and frosted glass shelves.  I am not a fan of frosted glass normally, but I really like it here.

The weather today is gorgeous - not too hot, not too warm, with just a little wind in the right places.  Feels just like a nice, cheery pop of...yellow.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment