Friday, April 6, 2012

Collections of Keepsakes

I never thought of myself as someone who loved collections but, as my Pinterest hobby has grown (and..you KNOW yours has too), I realize how fond I am of collections of keepsakes that knock on nostalgia's door.

{image from The Lettered Cottage}

Coo-coo clocks.  They are practically synonymous with my memories of my Papaw.  The coo-coo clock is still in my Omie's living room.  I can still see him setting it.  It was one of those little chores you could tell he immensely enjoyed, just like telling us stories of his Native American heritage.  I think he was 1/16 Native American ;) but, he loved the idea of that heritage just like his coo-coo clock.

{image from limilee}

Now this I really love.  It's like a comfy, cozy room and it's completely because of the photo collection and the way they are hung.  The panoramic photos just feel like you could soak up the details of who the people are, what the life they were living was like, and where they are for days on end.  The photos warm the room.  Without them, to me, the space would feel sterile.

{image from Vignette Design}

Doesn't this make you just want to curl up and take a long nap in what must be great flannel bedding?  I love the plaid collection, and yes, I think in this case it can be called a collection... from floor, to bed, to the wall covering.  But, the stacked suitcase collection is what pulls the bedroom together for me.  I like the idea that the stacked suitcases making up the nightstand might have special collections inside each one too.

{image from Illustrator Paula Mill's house on Design Sponge}

You will never go wrong with a well placed, well thought out artwork collection with pieces that are meaningful to you and your loved ones.  And this one, with the lighting just off center, the 50's pink dinette table and scalloped chairs makes for a dreamy scene to me.


Southwestern throws.  They are warm, cozy, and the best kind of collection; one everyone can use when visiting at a friend's home for those great visits with hour long discussions about life.  

{image from House to Home}

To me, this space is perfection.  I've been on the look for clocks lately, and it seems they've found all of the best ones.  I love the size, color, and different feel of each of these.  The typography art, round little lights in the fixture, and the number chairs create one cohesive room that just feels relaxing and fun.

 {image from Vignette Design}

 Glorious, wonderful, curl up and read them books make this space.  What better collection is there?  From the reclaimed wood ceiling, to the sepia tone of all of these old, old books to the artwork on the wall with the crisp white bedding, sheer perfection. This room would be the top of my list for where to spend a rainy day.


{image from Crush Culdesac}

I'm in love with the combination of these plates and the way they are hung around this curio sideboard.  You know there are special momentos hidden away in the sideboard too.  Mixing new, fun plates with those handed down is a great way to honor your family memories and mix and match the new and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment