Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Colorado or bust!

This last week we hit it to the cool draw of Colorado, like most Texans in the sweltering summers trying to escape the unforgiving heat.  Although hotter than a normal Colorado summer, it has been an amazing trip into the mountains. 

I spotted this photo last week and kept thinking, how fun would this be on a road trip with adults, that is?  You bring the libations and have a camper. F-U-N!!!


Our trip to Drake and Colorado Springs has been a little more like this:

{Estes Park, Sam bonding with Dad at the Rotary Club festival}
 
{Breakfast as it should be with good friends and 
beautiful scenery!  Thanks for hosting us 
Valerio-Bosters.  Drake, Colorado}
 
{Hiking 6.1 miles up Mt. Rasberry with the 5 under 8. 
Aunt Sarah, Uncle D, and cousins Ellie, Anna, & 2 yr old Grace 
are hiking maniacs - who knew?!}

{At the top of Mt. Rasberry.  I could only hope my children feel this way 
about me one day.  This still makes me tear up}

{Mike and Iris giving me palpitations, seriously, at the top of Mt. Rasberry.  
Elevation:  9000 feet.  I felt like I was channeling my Mom while
seeing my daredevils do this.  Panic... Panic...Panic}

{And...Sam could have cared less about the view.  
He was only concerned with the abundance of his
ladybug friends at the top}
 

{My thoughts exactly Sam....}


Zzzzzz........a few more days of bliss and then, back to reality!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment