Sunday, August 5, 2012

A little bit of East and something something


Here it is.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I kind of fell in love with it at my friend Heather's party.  It's a coverlet/bedspread and we've got a kid's makeover coming since the bunk beds have just made their entrance before Kindergarten starts.  The colors are so rich and vibrant, and it was so soft.  The hand work just makes it feel... special.

Heather lives in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, and we had a reunion last month with her high school and college friends to celebrate her trip home.   It's so hard to believe that it has been 15 years since we were all frolicking around happy go lucky college students without an adult care in the world.

She had so many beautiful Eastern relics and goods, bowls, and textiles from her travels and living abroad.  It was really inspiring.

And, it got me thinking.  There is something so sensual, yet light and relaxing, and playful about these deep jewel tones and rich colors.  And, I'm into it...
























Love how these textiles with white bedding would look with some great poufs (image from Bohemian Vintage}. The jewel tone colors are somehow easy on the eye while bringing in lots of color.
                                 









                                                                           

Yes, I know...I know... You've seen this before, but I can't help myself.  I love almost everything about it from the bedspread, four poster bed, little Buda on the table, to the huge print.  I love, love, love a gold pouf.  And would put a few at the end of the bed in a heart beat for extra seating, but then I saw these bronze poufs from Amazon here for only $159.  Now, we are talking.



{Indian Kantha quilt from Sari's Living on Etsy}

{Moroccan pillows from Wisteria here}



So, I love all of these and would put them all together for a bright, cheery bedroom that makes you feel like you are on vaca every day.  YES!  Okay, so, it's not all of the East.  The dresser is from Buenos Aires and pillows Moroccan but, together....it is perfection.  And, you will die, you will just die but those antique Kantha's are priced at only $75.  Talk about bedroom on a budget.

{from Justina Blakeney's home}



I love these vases with Justina's backyard furniture.  She does call her style Jungalow, it's bohemian chic with a little something extra OR I love these vases with the outdoor living room and the Schumacker wallpaper below, maybe added to a framed piece or either side of the built in lounge area.  



    {Morrocan inspired outside space from  House & Home}                     {Schumacher Punch fabric}

Call me crazy, but I think it could be a great DIY project.  Add some misters from Home Depot (about a $100-$200 addition), and I am so there!






















{Hmong Embroidered Folk Art Tribal                                          {Indian pouf from Ebay}
Panel, only $22 Kulshi Mumkin's Etsy store here}

Throw in a great Indian pouf and hang this Folk art piece behind a neutral living space and you have an instant Eastern addition for almost nothing.

Yep Heather, you are onto something great.  Decor like this inspires girl get togethers with great drinks in a relaxing space where we all feel like we are halfway around the world.  Bringing a little East to the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment