Thursday, July 12, 2012

Leafy power! How to get your kids to eat greens. Really.

I just saw this on a friend's FB post and was so inspired to share.




I've become such a believer in leafy greens and can't tell you how much better I feel in general, health wise, since incorporating them into our food on an almost daily basis.

I used to buy packaged baby spinach, but I discovered how much better we like the spinach bunch at the grocery store.  I know that's not the technical term but, that's how it's sold, in a big bunch.  It's way different than the prepacked variety - more tasty, thicker, just...better tasting and even costs less.

I especially love that my kiddos have become fond of a little side salad.  It's so easy.  A few spinach leafs, a grape tomato, baby carrots, and cucumber slices and voila - healthy kid salad.  I always throw in a little avocado too, if it's on hand.  It helps that kids like everything dry usually. 

No salad dressing = even healthier = :) Momma.


The pasta dish (recipe here) has become a family favorite but, Iris and Sam don't like the cooked spinach and red pepper flakes, so I make their version first...then, add in the rest for mine which makes Mom a happy camper too :).  I added the grape tomatoes last time while mine was cooking and YUM!


Just a few little tidbits on how to get more nutrition in you and your entire family's life and ward off those visits to the pediatrician and doctor.  Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment