Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Mental Spring Break

With SXSW and Spring Break in full swing this week, I haven't had a chance to slow down one bit.  We've had one emergency room visit for Iris (hurt neck), a lot of late work nights and zero adult let loose and get crazy fun.  

SXSW makes me nostalgic for my early twenties, carefree and kid free when I took off an entire week just to watch movies and attend panels.  A budding young filmmaker and actress, full of gusto and passion.  And, Spring Break makes me think of vacation and bliss.  

So, in my one corner of mental space this week, I started thinking about where I would go if the destination were limitless.  What would I want to experience?

My mind immediately goes here:
(note - NOT to the guy in the photo - what is that skinny moginny g-string look anyway???)

 {Cirque Terre, Italy}

Gorgeous!  I experienced a similar once in a lifetime 11 (gasp) years ago on a trip to Spain, a Christmas present from Mike.  But, what else is out there and how would it FEEL to wake up to this?

{Safari Lodge - Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa}

Doesn't it make it better if we don't know where this is?  
Isolation can be so tantalizing sometimes.

{Bora Bora}

{Poseidon Resort, Fiji}
{Loisaba Lodge, Kenya}

{Igloo Village of Hotel Kakslauttanen, Finland}


And how would it feel to DO this:

Any one who knows me knows how long my love of horses goes back...

Can't you just feel the quiet of the deep, down dark sea?  
The ultimate meditation space.
  
Walk through this tree tunnel in Belgium...

Explore the Blue Ice Cave in Skaftafell, Iceland...
and just BREATHE.


What would it FEEL like to take part in this?
 {Lantern Festival, Thailand}

And, then, sometimes you take a breathe, walk outside of your house and take in the nature and beauty around you.  Today, we discovered a little piece of heaven in our own backyard with our nieces Ellie, Anna, and Grace:


  

 {Hartman Prehistoric Garden}

No comments:

Post a Comment