Saturday, April 27, 2013

Coveted...seeking design objects I'm obsessing over

There are those things you discover on a journey to redesign your space, covet like nothing else, and cannot imagine not having.....

For me, those are these gorgeous sconces; the Antony and Eye sconces from French designer Serge Mouille.

I saw them, pinned them, and couldn't get them out of my head.  You can see why....I mean, it's perfectly clear, right?

As this bedroom design comes together bit by little bit, I thought....these are modern perfection, bringing black into the white white space and perfect to go above the white built in side tables to perch on either side of the deep kelly green velvet tufted headboard that I'm closer and closer to deciding I will make, the perfect focal feature of the space.  Only today, did I actually realize they are (choke me - $2050 each!).

Damn middle age design angst!!  If only I were a rich, gay guy and not a middle class mom, I would just do it.





















I originally was thinking a pair of the Robert Abbey pharmacy style brushed bronze lamps on either side of the bed ala this:



But, now, I've just got the Mouille Eye on the brain.  Nothing else seems to compare (ahem)...

So, we remember what we are dealing with: blank canvass bedroom freshly painted Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace (taped space represents side table/storage/bench built in):


Here is my color inspiration for the headboard:

Pretty with the Phillip Jeffries raffia I'm obsessed with for the bottom 1/3 of my white, white walls, right?


I'm also on the hunt for the perfect pairing of vintage botanicals to go above my black with gold painted butterfly armoire like these below I spotted on One King's Lane a few weeks back, but not $800.  Naturally, I'm drawn to the irises most....



Design wanderlust for my dreamland bedroom....

No comments:

Post a Comment