Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Inspiration....

I'm taking a little rest 9 days after all bedroom heavy lifting prepping and painting.  I'm actually holding off painting the walls out of terror.  Yes.  Terror.  Not even fear.

I know it will take a little time to make my vision for the room happen, and we will be living in a very, well, white space until the "vision".   The paint is Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace which is white white.

I look at what's been done so far and feel so much satisfaction in the work.  Not perfect, but pretty darn good.









My inspiration really does come from this room by Sarah Richardson.... 

...mixed with a Wisteria catalogue that arrived at the house last year featuring this Phillip Jeffries African Raffia wallpaper on the top part of a living room walls with white wainscoting on the bottom. 



Like Missy E, I think I'll just reverse it! White on top, raffia on bottom--- Okay, I listened to a lot of Hip Hop and Rap while working, mostly Missy Elliot, Eminem, some old school LL Cool J, and Beastie Boys.

So, here are some rooms that I like when I think of what I want in color and texture:
                                                            {image via Sarah Richardson}

 {Tommy Smythe}

Love the brass mirror, the dresser's warm wood, and black and brass lamp, plus all artwork and masculine ram horns or whatever those are

 {image via Tommy Smythe}

I know it's a closet, but black, white, gold, brass = love


{Tommy Smythe - the man and his room}

LOVE this brass mirror and the gray with black.  Mike actually has an old brass bald eagle lamp (AT his office, of course!) and I can't let him see this or he'll say I love it and bring it home to live :0

Now, it is glaringly apparent, I am having a Richardson-Smythe attack.  One, so feminine.  One, so masculine.  In design that is.  I go back and forth over the accent color - yellow or green.  Yellow or green?

I DO know, I want white with some black, brass and warm wood, and an accent color through pillows.

On either side of my bed there are two large window and two that are on the opposing wall, an "L" of windows.  I currently have off white gauzy curtains on L shaped iron rods hand forged by the previous homeowner who took a class and made them.  I want built in side tables/seat benches with storage underneath that actually aren't built in but can come away from the wall.  

Something like this, but, of course it's not a kitchen nook:

Picture something similar to this on either side of the bed.  Originally, I wanted white linen textured seat cushions that would have black cording along the edges, but in case they are too difficult to wash (bleach the white, NOT the black).  

These are pillow ideas for the window seats:





Or, something like these if I go yellow:


"Is it worth it, let me work it...This the kinda beat that go ra-ta-ta Ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta." Can't help it, Missy Elliot's in my room makeover head!  

No comments:

Post a Comment