Thursday, January 3, 2013

DIY mantel focal point that lasts Christmas through the New Year!

I've always loved this Christmas photo of my Dad playing with his train and my Aunt Donna playing with her baby doll.   It just seems like the quintessential '50's Christmas photo.  They are around the same age as my kiddos.  I would guess my Aunt is 5 and my Dad is 7.


So...finally.... I took it to the pros at Holland Photo and had them create an 11X14 print and bought a frame at Tarjay (Target) for $29.99.  Total project less than 50 bucks.  

Once I had this pretty holiday focal point for my mantel, I put Christmas pj photos of my nieces and Iris and Sam that we've taken over the years in complementary silver frames.  

It induces tears instantly from me to see how the family has grown in children and just how much they have changed from year to year.  No more little plump faces and plump arms.  They truly are all children now...no more babies.


At Christmas I had a church and small homes that were my Omie's and a few small deer.  The church and homes just scream 1950's decor.  Below is the mantel now and I intend to keep it through January because it just makes me... happy!


Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment