Thursday, June 28, 2012

My favorite summer salad: The Caprese!

At the beginning of every summer, I start getting an insatiable urge that can only be satisfied with huge plump home grown tomatoes and more specifically, the caprese salad!

I don't ordinarily eat very much dairy, but for the caprese salad, I make the exception and enjoy every bite of my mozarella.  I get the highest quality, softest mozarella I can find and then make the easiest, tastiest salad in the world.

I've really enjoyed my friend Kelly's tomatoes this year with a good handful of my own basil.

So, here you go.  My version of the easiest, tastiest salad ever:

a handful of spinach (I love bunch spinach)
tomatoes (home grown prefereably)
cucumbers
a big handful of yummy basil
big chunks of mozarella

Dressing:  olivie oil and vinegar
sprinkle with pepper

Wa-la my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment